Monday, September 14, 2009

Being a Fashion Groupie in NYC

I had a moment.

Today I went an hour early for the public viewing of Gareth Pugh's new 'movie' at Milk. While waiting outside, I creeped on Diane von Furstenberg's post-show party at her Meatpacking flagship ala Rob outside of Charlie's boyfriend's place in High Fidelity. Minus the yelling, "You bitch!" I was very confused, because no one else was waiting for the free screening. It was just me and my friend, Ash. Meanwhile, crazy fireworks were going off. Can't figure out what it was for, and apparently neither can the Twitter team at styledotcom.

Anyway, the Gareth Pugh 'movie' wasn't what I expected. It was actually a film instillation of four screens in a cube formation. Each screen had its own narrative, following the same soundtrack. The films lasted about 5 minutes each, and were on loop. People randomly filtered in the warehouse where the instillation was. I asked 3 security guards about Gareth making an appearance, but to no avail. He was chilling at the dinner in his honor upstairs. Instead of hanging for the hour that the films were on loop, I headed home!

No comments: